General Scaffold Safety Training
This one-day course is designed for those working on or around scaffolding and supervisors overseeing this type of work. While this course does not certify participants to build Scaffold Systems, it is imperative that workers are familiar with the proper setup and hazards associated with working on and around scaffold systems.
This in-person course includes practical learning where students will become familiar with the different types of scaffold systems, their components and how to properly inspect scaffolding.
- Recognize the different types of scaffold systems and their intended use
- Describe the various components of scaffolding
- Understand proper erection of scaffold in accordance with Saskatchewan OHS Regulations
- Identify common hazards related to scaffold work
- Discuss the proper inspection of scaffolding
Timeframe: 1 day (7 hours)
Special Requirements: Participants are required to bring their own PPE, including a hard hat, safety glasses, safety gloves and safety footwear.
Certification: Certification of training is valid for three years.
Continuing Education Credits: This course may be eligible for BCRSP CPD points through the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals and Continuing Education Units through the Sask Operator Certification board. For more information see the noted websites.
NOTE: This course is scheduled seasonally. To request another date, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a Training Coordinator at 1.800.817.2079