Saskatchewan Asbestos Awareness: Understanding the Risk - Online Theory Only
Asbestos materials are a potentially serious workplace hazard, and people who inhale asbestos fibres are at risk of developing critical, often fatal, illnesses. This course provides the participant with the knowledge to recognize and manage asbestos-related risks in the workplace.
Quizzes throughout the course and an exam at the end of the course help to measure and encourage learning. The course was developed by CCOHS in collaboration with the Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association (SCSA) and Worksafe Saskatchewan.
This course is not intended for workers involved in the removal of asbestos.
· Asbestos basics and hazards
· Asbestos uses in the workplace
· Managing asbestos hazards and taking action
· Helpful resources
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
· Explain possible sources of asbestos in your workplace
· Identify situations that could pose a risk of asbestos exposure
· Understand how asbestos hazards are assessed
· Describe common asbestos management practices
· Determine when external resources may be required to help manage asbestos risks
· Access legislation and other resource materials on how to manage asbestos in the workplace
Average time to complete this course is approximately 60 minutes.
· Employers and workers who are not directly involved in asbestos-related industries
· Health and safety advisors and committee members
· Building owners
· Property managers
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
Enroll Now (You will be taken to Worksafe Saskatchewan)